Why Investors Switch Advisors: A Spectrem Perspective
This report will identify why investors are changing advisors. It will focus on what might cause them to change an advisor in the future. This is important information for advisors and providers to know as losing a client can add up to quite the loss.
The report includes data from over 500 investors who have switched financial advisors within the past five years. Investors must have at least $100,000 in net worth, not including primary residence. This report will include both quantitative analysis from multiple wealth segments as well as focus group results with investors not currently using a financial advisor.
Sample questions answered include:
- What were your reasons for switching advisors?
- How did you find your new advisor?
- How would you rate your agreement on the following:
- My new advisor understands my financial goals much better than my former advisor.
- I am more comfortable discussing items with my new advisor than I was with my former advisor.
- Overall, I am more satisfied with my new advisor than I was with my former advisor.