Effective Communication Techniques for Attracting and Retaining Current and Next-Generation Clients
What are the magic words that financial and advisory firms can use to attract and retain clients? Spectrem will conduct focus groups across the United States with high net worth investors to gain an understanding of what types of communication do they prefer from an advisor? What attracted them to a specific advisor? How can financial advisors and providers provide investors with information that is important to them?
In particular, this report will focus on:
- How did investors choose their current or existing provider? How did they develop a feeling of trust with their advisor? In particular, what did he or she say?
- Are their specific issues that you wish your advisor would explain more clearly? What words and phrases does he or she use that you might be unfamiliar with?
- How do you communicate with your advisor today? Face-to-Face? Telephone? Social media? Email? Text? Other?
- Do you discuss family issues with your advisor? Why or why not?
- What types of issues do you think are inappropriate for your advisor to ask about? What do you wish your advisor would ask about more frequently?
- Does your advisor have a relationship with your children? Should your advisor have a relationship with your children? Why or why not? How would you like to introduce your children to your advisor?
Half of the groups will be conducted with Gen X and Millenial investors while the other half will be conducted with Baby Boomers and older investors. Six groups will be conducted in total. Investors will have a net worth of $1 million or more. Subscribers will be invited to attend the groups.
Click here to view the brochure.