Spectrem Group today released its newest research study, Financial Behaviors and the Investor’s Mindset, a comprehensive report examining ways in which attitudes and viewpoints of wealthy investors are evolving. The study looks at how high net worth investors feel about the current state of their finances, prospects for the future of their children and grandchildren, and explores the underlying values that enabled them to build and grow their family’s wealth throughout their lives.
The report looks at wealthy investors’ views on the value of a college education, whether they still believe purchasing a home remains an essential strategy for building wealth, and whether they believe their children will have the opportunity to be as successful as they have been.
Additional key findings in the report include:
- More than half of Millionaires (with a net worth between $1 million and $5 million) believe their children are better at investing than they are.
- Less than 40 percent of Ultra High Net Worth investors (with a net worth between $5 million and $25 million) believe they are better off today than they were one year ago. A slightly higher percentage (but less than half) believe their financial situation will improve over the next 12 months.
- Less wealthy investors are more likely to believe a college student should finance their college education and be responsible for paying it back.
- A growing percentage of Mass Affluent investors (with a net worth between $100,000 and $1 million) are interested in more conservative investing strategies. Nearly six-in-ten of this year’s respondents prefer a guaranteed rate of return and lower risk, compared with 54 percent in the prior year.
- All categories of affluent investors cite the political environment as their top concern.
“Providers and their Advisors working with wealthy investors need to be aware of the critical financial issues their clientele believe are most important in their lives,” said Spectrem president George H. Walper Jr. “Retirement, taxes, transfer of wealth and concerns about overall market conditions are all areas where advisors can regularly add value to affluent investors. Sharing regular perspectives about these important life milestones and issues can strengthen wealthy investors’ ability to make those decisions.”
Additional information on the three wealth segment reports examined in the report, as well as information about other Spectrem studies, can be found at Spectrem.com and Spectrem’s Millionaire Corner, including:
- Education, Savings, Home Ownership Remain Wealthy Investors’ Core Values
- How Do The Wealthy Handle Household Finances?'
To read the original article, click here